Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Bath Time!

After the kids went to bed last night I decided to take a nice, warm, quiet bath. It was so peaceful, but I couldn't help but think about how it usually goes. Monkey girl loves baths! She would probably spend all day in one if I'd let her. Every now and then she takes 2 or 3 in a day because it just gets too hard to keep telling her no. She'll look at us, wave her arms, point to the bathroom, and say 'splash, splash'. And there's no bathing for us while she's up because she will strip down and jump right on in with you. I guess it's better than having to struggle to get her to take one.

Currently Bro Bro monkey hates baths, he screams his poor little head off when we give him one, but his sister wasn't too fond of them at his age either. It gets so bad that I almost hate to give him one and try to pawn it off on Dadda monkey. Hopefully, he'll get better with them, but not to the extreme of his sister.
Last night was a real treat for me. Too bad I couldn't find the book I just won because that would have been even better.

I have discovered that I don't think jetted tubs are worth it. I don't use the jets anymore because they seem to get gunk stuck in them so the next time you turn them on, you get this stuff pushed out of them and floating around your bath with you. They're also fairly noisy and when first turned on they give you a nice shock of cold water thrust at you. Dadda monkey thinks I'm weird too in that I don't like the frosted window they put in above the tub. I'd kind of like to be able to gaze at the scenery while I'm soaking.

On a side note, I had won some Sothy's Energizing Bath Tablets a little while ago so I took the time to test them out too. They were larger than I expected, but are individually wrapped which was nice. I opened the package and put one in the tub while it finished filling up. The water turned a pale green and the tablet completely dissolved after just a couple minutes. I was hoping I wouldn't be left with residue so that was a big plus. I think they're a little pricey for how many you get in a box, but it was really nice to soak in and smelled pleasant. It seems nice bath accessories are never inexpensive though. Hopefully, monkey girl won't start going after my stash.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!