Monday, May 31, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Sex and the City 2 Soundtrack


I don't get to go to the movies much, but when a movie is hugely popular I try to make an extra effort to go. On that note, the much anticipated movie of the summer has arrived. Sex and the City 2 has already debuted in theaters. There's been a lot of buzz regarding the movie. In fact, there's been so much talk about it, I've had to learn a new acronym SATC 2, which I learned through Facebook. As an aside, I love the picture above of them in the desert.

I was very fortunate to receive the movie's soundtrack to review.


Here's some great information about the soundtrack:

  • The soundtrack  features a brand-new duet "Love is Your Color" by Grammy and  Academy Award® winner Jennifer Hudson, along with global superstar, multi-platinum recording artist and three-time Grammy Award nominee Leona Lewis.
  • Soundtrack includes a new song by platinum-selling  CeeLo and International superstar Dido also contributes an exclusive new track.
  • Grammy, Emmy, Golden Globe, Tony and Academy Award® winner Liza Minnelli covers Beyonce’s chart-topper “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
  • 12-time Grammy Award winner Alicia Keys performs her own extraordinary new version of the Blondie classic “Rapture”.
  • The soundtrack also features the stars of Sex and the City 2, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon, performing the Helen Reddy classic “I Am Woman.”  

One of my favorite ways to spend my free time (aka when the monkeys are napping) is to take a long relaxing bath and enjoy some good music. This soundtrack was really enjoyable and it has some great songs to sing along with. Don't worry, I only sing in the privacy of my own home or in my car.



If you want to buy the soundtrack for yourself, just visit Amazon, http://bit.ly/O2Osatc2Amazon. If you're like me, I need to see the tracklisting for CD's before I commit to them so, voila, here you are:

Tracklisting
1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”
2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee "Can't Touch It"
9. Alicia Keys "Emire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down"
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis "Love Is Your Color"
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim  Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15.  Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16.  Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17.  Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18.  Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”

 


There are some great classics on there as well as some contemporary greats. I have to confess I love the song Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It). Love Is Your Color is a great new song and I Am Woman is a fun choice with the 4 of them singing.  I also have a couple of others that I like to play repeatedly, but I won't bore you with my choices. I like soundtracks in general because you get a good variety of music to listen to and this is no exception. Next step for Momma monkey? Going to see the movie!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there!!

    Following you from MBC...and look forward to getting to know you!!

    http://choosegourmetcandles.blogspot.com

    Lesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am a new follower from the Friend & Follow group at Pitch It To Me, so glad to have found your great blog. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Eloise
    Mommy2TwoGirls
    http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. My latest posts are “The Power” and “The Triumphant Heart.”


    Cheers,
    Ron

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback!