Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pin It

Widgets

The Fifth Estate


I don't usually do back to back movie reviews so I will get another post up this weekend. However, I would not waste your precious weekend time watching this movie. To be honest, The Fifth Estate, didn't intrigue me much when I first heard of it, but I gave it a go anyways. I think the movie could have been an hour long TV series and done just as well. It was dry, convoluted, and the characters weren't appealing. The Fifth Estate is the story of Wikileaks - how it began, about the founder, and about the demise. It doesn't seem to find a good balance between telling a story and documenting history. There's a recurring scene that's meant to be symbolic and help you understand how the Wikileaks organization runs, but it carries it a bit too far. I enjoyed the night out, but wish it had been a better movie.

Rating:
****Two Monkeys Sleeping****


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!