Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pin It

Widgets

Captain Phillips, a must see!

Dadda monkey and I spent one of our date nights watching Captain Phillips. I had been looking forward to seeing this one and it did not disappoint! Tom Hanks was captivating as Captain Phillips and the story was interesting from start to finish. The movie is 2 hours and 14 minutes long, which at first seems long, but there wasn't a portion I'd cut out. There wasn't any point that I thought they were dragging it out.


It seems as Tom Hanks has gotten older he's taken on more serious roles and he excelled in this one. There were a couple of small parts that were mildly humorous, though I'm not sure they were necessarily supposed to be. At one point, he exclaims, "What was that?!" and the audience chuckled a bit. The story has some unexpected twists and leaves you trying to anticipate what comes next.

All in all, I'm really glad we got to see the film and I'm happy to see it's getting good ratings from people aside from us. I highly encourage you to go see it for yourselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!