Friday, August 12, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

Peanut Butter Pie Friday

I did not know Jennie or Mikey, but their story of such a deep, unexpected loss resonated with me. A simple request was made to bake a peanut butter pie as a memorial and so that is what I did.  I can't imagine what the family is going through at this time, but Jennie's message was so clear. I did not waste this night with my family. We made this pie together and I enjoyed every moment of it from spoons licked clean with little tongues, to the fresh indent where Bro Bro monkey thought going straight for the pie was a much better idea than just eating the tidbits left on the spoon. Tonight we savored life as a family and I hope we can continue to make the most of our precious lives together.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen, This looks way yummy, but I'm actually here to let you know that you won the Cooking Light cookbook giveaway. E-mail me (themomchef (at) takingonmagazines.com) your address and I'll get them right out to you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback!