Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

Costume Discounters Made My Son Crabby!

Halloween always arrives before I'm completely ready for it. This year, however, Monkey girl told me she wants to be Ariel so I was on the search for something Bro Bro monkey could wear that would be related. I know it won't last forever, but it's been fun to outfit them together. For example, last year Monkey girl was Dorothy, and Bro Bro monkey was the scarecrow.


I was browsing through Costume Discounters site and found a great assortment of reasonably priced costumes. In fact, they guarantee their low prices. I started by searching animal costumes. I found this adorable infant/toddler crabby costume and knew it would be great for us. Searching Costume Discounters site is made simple due to your various sorting options. You can search by size, theme, category, holiday, or keyword among others. I apologize for the pictures, but Bro Bro rarely sits still and he was having so much fun wearing his crab costume.

You can tell it has that incredibly soft minky fabric and it was even softer than I imagined it would be. The green tummy is padded for extra effect, which is a nice touch. I was worried about how this would fit since Bro Bro is a large 2T and this costume was available in mostly smaller sizes. I wanted to order him a 3T just to be sure, but the largest size offered for this particular costume was the 2T so I went for it. Thankfully, it has a generous fit, so I'm not worried about him fitting into it when October rolls around. Another great thing about this costume is that the head piece is a separate piece so if it bothers him, we can go without it and he still looks like a Maryland blue crab (had to throw that in due to my Maryland roots). As you can see though, he was far from crabby when I tried the costume on him. He was absolutely giddy about getting to wear it.


I had a lot of fun perusing Costume Discounters, www.costumediscounters.com, and even found a couple of cute ideas for Dadda monkey and I. I even started thinking about next year already, though Miss Monkey girl will have to have her say in it of course so we'll wait on that, but I feel great that the monkeys are all set for this Halloween.

Disclaimer:
Mommy 2 Monkeys was provided with a sample for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received and the views expressed here are my own. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!