Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Changing Tables

Normally, my blog is about products that work well for me. This time it's just the opposite. When we found out we were expecting Bro Bro monkey, we wanted to save some money on furnishing his nursery. For Monkey girl's nursery, we went to Babies R Us and bought the Babi Italia crib and dresser and we haven't had much trouble with them, but I thought they were a bit expensive for what they are.

So after shopping around, we bought the Da Vinci Kalani crib and the Storkcraft Aspen 3 drawer dresser. The crib's been fine. The dresser/changing table is another story. We've had it about a year and it seemed fine at first, but a couple of months ago, we started having problems with the drawers. It got so bad that I finally stopped using the middle drawer completely. However, that seemed to compound the problem with the changing table's stability because now the whole unit is unsteady and falling apart. We're not able to use it at all anymore. The interesting thing is they don't appear to sell that particular piece anymore.

I'm now in the market for a new dresser for Bro Bro. I'm trying to decide between the Da Vinci Kalani dresser to go with his crib or shopping at a regular furniture store for a dresser in a similar color to his other furniture. You already know how much I stress over making these kinds of decisions so I probably won't do anything until after the holidays.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!