Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Being Sick With Kids Is Not Fun

Dadda monkey must have picked up something at work and shortly after he was having symptoms, I got sick. The kids followed suit too. Luckily, I think they're bigger troopers about it than their parents are. We have completely different ways of reacting to being sick. Dadda likes to take his sick days and spend them playing video games and watching movies. I prefer to stay in bed, sleep most of it off and maybe read a little. The kids went about their normal routine though. Dadda monkey's dietary preferences don't change except for wanting more sweet tea. I prefer soup, raisin bread toast, and hot tea. If my throat hurts I love sorbet.

The worst part, aside from watching my poor children be semi-miserable, is trying to still care for them and keep our routines when I just want to curl up in bed with quiet surroundings. The tropical storm passing through allowed me to cancel Monkey girl's gym session without much guilt and we were able to re-schedule for this Saturday. Dadda monkey's feeling better and I think I'm getting better as well so it looks like things will get back to normal soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!