Friday, April 27, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Pirates: Band of Misfits!


We took the monkeys to see Pirates: Band of Misfits in 3D. I guess it was cute in it's own way and a little humorous, but I have to say I wasn't all that impressed. To be fair, I spent about half of the movie trying to get Bro Bro monkey to sit quietly through it, so I could easily have misjudged it. Also, as I've mentioned before, I don't think my kids are ready for 3D movies. Trying to get them to wear their glasses through the movie just makes the experience even more difficult.



Dadda monkey and I were discussing a new movie rating scale to use for reviews (although sleeping, while preferable to the alternative, is not nearly as realistic as clamorous monkeys):

2 monkeys sleeping = not very good, don't waste your money on the theater tickets
1 monkey sleeping  = pretty good, might be worth a look
0 monkeys sleeping = excellent movie, don't miss it

I'd have to rate this a '1 monkey sleeping'. Monkey girl, who is 4, managed to sit through it, but wasn't really captivated. Bro Bro, 2.5, started making his way through the tunnel (crawling under the seats) to amuse himself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!