We're still getting settled into the new house. I think each room has at least one more box left to be unpacked. Overall, we've slowed down and are enjoying the extra space. One of our favorite parts of the house is the kitchen. It's completely open to the living room (divided only by the kitchen table area) and has nice granite counters with an under-mount sink. I've always wanted a corner sink with windows open to the backyard and now I get to enjoy that.
However, one of the changes we've made is not having a large trash can in the kitchen. Instead, we opted to leave a smaller one in the cabinet under the sink. There are two problems we noticed with this: 1. We have to empty it a LOT more often and things spill over it when it gets full. 2. This doesn't leave us much, if any, room for a recycling container. Above you'll notice what our counter typically looked like... piled up with soda cans awaiting their turn to be taken out to the recycling bin.
Then, I learned about the Rubbermaid Hidden Recycler and Rubbermaid was kind enough to send one for me to review. It couldn't have arrived at a better time. Dadda monkey immediately used the cabinet door hooks to install it on the cabinet under the sink. To my delight, it fits even with the trash can being under there. The Hidden Recycler also comes with screws to mount it to your cabinet door. We'll probably do that eventually, but I think we've put enough holes in our new home for now.
It holds a lot more than I expected, it's even wide enough for milk jugs, and it's really easy to pull up the bag to empty it into our recycling bin on trash day. Surprisingly, we typically can wait the whole week to empty our recycling now. We haven't washed it yet, but I'm really glad it's machine washable. This is one of those products that I never thought I needed until I got it.
The Hidden Recycler boasts these features:
- Easy attachment to a cabinet door with hooks included with the product or screws
- A convenient handle allows the bag to easily be transported to wherever your recycling is stored for pickup or transport
- A 5 gallon bag that holds up to 36 12-ounce cans and can fit a milk jug
- The bag has a leak-proof liner and is machine washable to make it easy to clean after any unexpected
- The bag is soft-sided allowing for flexibility inside any cabinet
- The bag and all packaging is made from recyclable material, and the product is recyclable
Rubbermaid has generously offered one of my readers their own Hidden Recycler!
How To Enter:
(The first step is required for your first entry. Any steps after that reward you with an extra entry.) Leave a separate comment for each entry.
This giveaway, and subsequent shipping, is only offered within the United States and Canada.
1. Let me know how you think the Hidden Recycler would benefit you?
2. Become a follower of my blog, Mommy 2 Monkeys, and leave a comment on this post that you've done so.
3. 'Like' the Mommy 2 Monkeys Facebook page and leave a comment on this post that you've done so.
4. Follow me on Twitter and leave a comment on this post that you've done so.
5. 'Like' Rubbermaid's Facebook page and leave a comment on this post that you've done so.
6. Follow Rubbermaid on Twitter and leave a comment on this post that you've done so.
This giveaway will remain open until April 30,2012 at midnight central time. The winner will be chosen using Random.org. I will post the winner on my blog and also email the winner (please make sure your email is visible on your profile or post it in your comment). The winner will have 24 hours to respond to my email or I will choose another winner via Random.org. Good luck!
Mommy 2 Monkeys was provided with a sample for the purpose of this review and the opportunity to hold a giveaway for my readers. No other compensation was received and the views expressed here are my own.