Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

Great Multi-Use 18" Doll Bed

Okay, most people would call it a multi-use nightstand, but I was specifically looking for something like this for Monkey Girl's doll that would fit her room. Pottery Barn Kids has the Kendall Storage Console available for $199 in either white or espresso.


We got it in espresso to blend with her bedroom furniture. She didn't have a nightstand so this was the perfect find! The bottom cubby is large enough to be a bed for her 18" doll. She keeps books and puzzles on the second shelf and the top shelf fits her clock and water bottle perfectly. Before I ordered it, I was concerned with how small the top shelf might be, but it's perfect for holding essentials and not large enough for her to clutter the top (like Dadda monkey and I tend to do with our nightstands).

The console is very well constructed and a beautiful piece. It's not quite as dark as the other espresso furniture in her room, but it's not too far off to be a distraction. I think it's going to grow with her really well since it's so functional, attractive, and solid. Even the back is not your typical particle board backing.


It was easy to put together (at least that's what Dadda monkey says) and Monkey girl loved it. She was even more excited that evening when we put the console in her room, and put her doll, Abby, to bed. I like it so much that I'm considering getting another one for Bro Bro monkey's room even though he has one nightstand. The storage in this console is great and easy for toddlers to use. One word of warning, Bro Bro monkey now uses this as a ladder to climb into his sister's bed.

(I still have to get that wall paper border residue off her wall)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!