Friday, August 13, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

San Antonio Zoo

We bought memberships to the zoo a few months ago, but we've only gone twice now. I intend to go more, especially once school's back in session. It's just been so hot outside that I haven't wanted to deal with crowds, much less deal with the kids in sweltering heat. There's been a lot of debate about the zoo, notably the elephant enclosure, but to their credit the zoo has been going through a major renovation. It's a smaller zoo, but perfect for small children and the habitats are easy to get to and view. Just outside the zoo is a train that runs around//through the local park. The train also stops at the Witte Museum, which is another place on my 'to do' list.

Yesterday I was going through the mail and found a pamphlet from the zoo talking about their other programs. There's quite a few options and even multiple things for 2-5 year olds. They're reasonably priced too so I'm excited to get Monkey girl signed up for something this fall. Once a week we'll go to the zoo and they'll have stories, crafts, and some close encounters for the kids. I'm looking forward to it now. Around the holidays, they also turn the train into a 'Holiday Express', which I think the whole family will love. I'm really glad we bought our memberships so we could learn about all the other activities the zoo has. Now bring on the fall weather!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!