Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pin It

Widgets

Motivated Moms


I am severely lacking in domestic engineer qualities. It's a struggle to not only figure out what household items need to be done, how often, or finding the time to actually tackle them. I've seen the '30 days to an organized home' articles and I get through about 5 days (being generous) before I fall behind. Once I'm behind, it's all over. 

Anyways, I discovered this Motivated Moms app that I download to my kindle and it's set up like a calendar. Each day I open it up and it has the days chores listed. You can check them off as you go. There area daily regulars like cleaning the kitchen sink, sweeping the kitchen and entry areas, making beds, laundry, etc... The paid version allows you to make changes ... like changing laundry from a daily chore to a weekly/bi weekly one (daily laundry is not a service I provide) or adding custom chores like watering your garden! The best part is they even say, if you miss doing some chores, relax, they'll come up again (music to my ears). I love how thorough it is, items like washing my garage door, flipping the mattresses, and even cleaning the cabinets aren't things I'd remember to do very often (or at all).

We'll see how it goes. I've already gotten a couple of days behind, but have manged to catch up. Their philosophy of don't worry about catching up, just keep going is great, but I've got family coming to visit so I want to get as many of the obscure items done on the list as possible. I kind of missed the whole spring cleaning phase, so we're doing mid-summer cleaning! The other great thing, is it gets you in a routine and the extra items are done one or two at a time, so there's not a lot of time spent accomplishing your tasks. 


I'd love to say more, but I'm off to wash all the brushes and combs in the house!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!