Monday, January 7, 2013

Pin It

Widgets

Chef'n Grapefruiter Sectioning Tool

Every year, on Christmas morning, my Mom would make breakfast for everyone after we saw what Santa had brought us. After breakfast, we would get to open our presents. As an incentive to tear us away from the gifts, breakfast included homemade cinnamon twists and that was the only time of year she'd make them. However, we'd also have grapefruit and oranges in salad bowls.

It sounds so simple, yet for years I've failed to recreate how she made the simple fruit combination. There was nothing added to it, just oranges and grapefruit, but it was the perfect combination of fruit and juice. If I try to peel and section the fruit, there was hardly any juice. If I tried to just cut off pieces of fruit, there was too much membrane. This year, I asked her to do while I watched and while I still can't do it the same way, I've figured out she skins the fruit with a paring knife then uses the knife to cut off sections of fruit.


I love grapefruit, so I'd had my eye on this little grapefruiter sectioning tool for a while, but wasn't sure if it was worth trying. I'm glad I got it though because not only is it great for sectioning the grapefruit for east in eating, but it can also pull sections out, which makes it great for making fruit salad. I only have one problem with it, it's not quite long enough to get the entire grapefruit section so a lot could go to waste. However, for just eating the grapefruit it wasn't a problem as it had loosened the whole section and was easy to get it all with a grapefruit spoon. All in all, I'm glad I got it and would recommend it to others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!