Monday, January 3, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

CSN Stores Review

I have had my eye on this for a while (it's been sitting on my wish list at CSN Stores) though in a different configuration. There's a popular chain store/catalog that has a really nice similar looking wall system for toy storage. I didn't want to pay their high prices though so I started looking for something similar. I was very pleased to find exactly what I was looking for in the babyletto items at CSN Stores. I bought the storage drawer ($99.98) and cubby hutch (also $99.98) to begin my wall collection. 


I was a little worried that the size or finish wouldn't be what I was hoping for, but it was perfect. It did need to be assembled, but that didn't take Dadda monkey very long to complete. The finish seems slightly darker than what it shows in the picture so it goes great with our other dark brown furniture. Also, the drawer opens and closes smoothly and the cubbies are a perfect size. Some of  the pictures showed just one toy in each cubby, but there's plenty of room without being so big that it just looks like junk thrown in there. The height is also great and I plan on adding a third tier eventually, but it doesn't really need it.

As usual, CSN stores delivered my items fast and in great condition. The items were packed well so even though one of the boxes corners was showing signs of wear, the product was well protected. I love that they sell these pieces individually so you can purchase them gradually as your budget/space allows. I'll be buying 2 more of these sets to go on the wall with this one. The toy basket that I had used previously already looks less cluttered and the whole play area looks more organized since we've moved a lot of the toys to this wall unit.


I really love the ledge that the drawer base provides. I figured it would be great for the kids to sit on, but I didn't anticipate my children discovering another use for it. They take the cars, trains, and even the dolls and play with them on that ledge. I think they'll love it when it's expanded to two more units. Dadda monkey assembled it while the monkeys were napping and when they woke to see their new toy storage they liked it more than I expected them to. Honestly, I didn't expect much of any reaction from them, but my daughter was really excited about it and Bro Bro monkey loved opening and closing the drawer with his toys in it. He's only 15 months old so that's about as much of a show of joy as you can get from him.

The babyletto toy storage is upstairs in our loft/playroom. I'm really pleased with what we have and even though we just have the one combination, it doesn't look out of place. In fact, I've considered getting another single drawer and hutch for our family room downstairs. We have a playgroup that sometimes meets at my house and we generally stay downstairs with a bunch of the smaller toys. As with upstairs, I have a basket that's become much too small to hold all the toys and this furniture fits right in with our other furniture. Dadda monkey has to sign off on that proposal though. He does agree that this furniture was perfect for us and just in time for all the Christmas presents to arrive. I think it even goes along with my resolution to be more organized!

Disclaimer:

Mommy 2 Monkeys was provided with a $45 gift code to review an item from CSN Stores. Mommy 2 Monkeys (well, Dadda monkey) paid the remaining balance. No  other compensation was received and the views expressed here are my own. 

2 comments:

  1. It is pretty neat and I'm excited to see how the playroom looks when all of the pieces are there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback!