Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Almost ready for Candy Land

I can't wait to play games regularly with my kids and I had been wondering if my two and a half year old was ready to play board games. I can't think of any game that's better to start with than the classic Candy Land. We got Hasbro's Candy Land: The World of Sweets and set it up promptly. Setting up involved nothing more than unfolding the board, shuffling the cards, and placing our characters at the start. My mother, Nai Nai, was here and she was excited to try playing with her grand daughter. Monkey girl was enthralled with the vivid colors and the novelty of it all. She picked her card and we explained that she needed to move to the next purple square. Unfortunately, 'next' purple square meant 'any' purple square to her. We're still working on the concept of following the path so I don't think she's quite ready for a full game. Needless to say, she won in as little as 3 turns. 

Candy Land was one of my favorite games as a child and I had fun playing with my daughter. I still think it's a great game to start with and we'll keep trying to play with Monkey girl. The most important part, as with any game, is that everyone has fun and it's a fantastic family activity. For next year's National Family Game Night, Candy Land will be our go to game and maybe even Bro Bro monkey can try playing.

2 comments:

  1. Like your blog... I am one of your newest watchers i followed you from blog hop Friday... I also think Candy land is one of the best games to start with when your kids are young, that or Shutes and Ladders..

    ReplyDelete
  2. flower oil painting on canvas "The colors were true to the picture on CP Painting Art.
    It goes perfect in my office. Teal and blue is the color scheme"

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback!