Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

Mr. Popper's Penguins

Mr. Popper's Penguins was perpetually pleasant. If you see the movie, you'll understand the use of P words. Pippi turned out to be a cute touch to the movie. I thought this was a really enjoyable movie. It seems to have gotten some poor reviews and I guess that's why I don't usually bother listening to reviewers. Reviewers don't like happy endings all the time or anticipated story lines. I, however, find those things soothing to my soul. Seriously, movies are an escape for me and I don't want to be shocked by a bad twist or have my experience end on a less than happy conclusive note. You can tell from my Pirates of the Caribbean review that I was distraught by the open endedness of one of the side stories.

My critical review of reviewers aside, I really enjoyed this movie. Mr. Popper's Penguins was humorous and adorable. The penguins are definitely the main stars and I was surprised at just how much they were featured doing various things (more than I thought penguins could be trained to do). Since it's not animated, I don't think I'd take my 18 month old monkey and even monkey girl (at 3 years old) might struggle to stay focused on it. I took my friends 5 year old and he seemed fine with it.

As a bonus, something I didn't realize before, is that this Mr. Popper's Penguins is based on a book. We're going to look for it the next time we're at the library. If you're child is 5 or up, I think this is a cute children's movie that adults will like just as much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!