Monday, May 9, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

Busy, Busy, Busy

I honestly haven't meant to neglect my blog this much. We've just added quite a few more things to our schedule and my days seem very regimented. I've also been trying to get to bed earlier. We joined the local YMCA so I could start exercising regularly. Both monkeys are going to The Little Gym one day each. We still have playgroup once a week and dance classes start for Monkey girl in a couple of weeks. Even small things like getting all the plants watered each morning is time consuming. However, I'm seeing results in my little garden. I have a couple of cherry tomatoes turning red, a large tomato growing, the grapes are getting bigger, and the blackberries are ripening. There's even a few more strawberries starting to grow. The pool opened too so we've been going there a few days a week. I love summer time, but it's starting to feel exhausting. I can't wait until our beach vacation in July!

Back to the YMCA...If you haven't been to the Y in a while, you might want to check it out. When we joined we made an appointment with a trainer to do a strength test and set some goals. It was pretty informative and really made me excited to get started. Additionally, they (I'm saying 'they' even though I'm not sure it's available everywhere) have an automated program called Activtrax. The trainer input my strength test results, along with my goals, and it sets up a routine for me to do each workout. It starts with a small warmup, then resistance training followed by some cardio.I just completed my first week and feel great. More importantly, I think I'm seeing results. I do feel better every time I go, even if it's just a mental thing. I'll post more, I promise, but for now I'm off to bed so I can head back to the Y in the morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!