Monday, April 4, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

The Poteet Strawberry Festival

First I'd like to mention that I LOVE strawberries. Since I moved here a few years ago, I'd been hearing about The Poteet Strawberry Festival. I don't know why it's taken me so long to go to this berry special festival. Sorry, I've been on a Strawberry Shortcake binge since Monkey girl's birthday is coming up. Anyways, this year I was determined to go, in part because I actually found out about it before it happened this year. It's only a 3 day event and we decided to go on Saturday. We looked up where Poteet was and low and behold, it's only about 40 minutes from us.

We got there Saturday morning and discovered it's much like a county fair with all the carnival rides and vendor booths. Dadda monkey found a mirror maze, which I also loved as a little girl, and he wanted to take Monkey girl. So the two of them went in there first and they were doing great until Monkey girl paused to wave at me and then plowed right into a glass wall. She was okay, though her nose was a little sore, so Dadda monkey carried her through the rest of it. After that she rode her first solo ride, a bubble whale. After a few times around the circle, she yelled to us that she was done, but she didn't get upset as the ride continued on and she patiently waited for it to come to a stop. We were proud monkey parents. Poor Bro Bro monkey didn't get to do much, but we did find a bounce house that they both enjoyed. Bro Bro monkey also started to get a little fussy. I don't blame him since he wasn't involved in a whole lot there and we were there at his normal nap time.

Unfortunately Bro Bro's fussiness meant that I didn't get to peruse the vendor section much, but we did grab a genuine Poteet strawberry hanging plant on our way out. It already has a couple of strawberries growing on it. Although I guess I'm supposed to pick them off when they just start to turn red because the two that were already red are starting to get a little mushy sitting on the soil.

I'm really glad we decided to go early on Saturday because on our way home, we could see that traffic heading to Poteet was horrendous. It was an enjoyable day and we'll definitely plan on going again next year, especially since we know what to expect now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!