Friday, January 25, 2013

Pin It

Widgets

Quick Veggie Soup

I'm starting a New Year Health Challenge in my neighborhood with a focus on clean eating. My doctor gave me this recipe a couple years ago and it continues to be one of our favorites for Meatless Monday (yes, yes, I know it has chicken broth...).


Quick Veggie Soup

Ingredients:
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 cup chopped carrots
1/2 tbsp butter
3 cups low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 sweet potato, chopped
1/2 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Optional: May add squash or other vegetables as desired

Preparation:
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots and saute until the onion becomes translucent.

Add the broth, celery, broccoli, potato, and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!